Thursday, August 2, 2012

Maddox # 13

While Andrew and I were in line at Chick-Fil-A last night, we were behind a young girl wearing a sports jersey. Her name and number made me smile. It was one of those moments that makes me think it was God or Maddox letting us know he’s well and that, even though he’s not physically here, he’ll always be a part of us. I am still trying to figure out what I believe about the kind of communication God allows between our love ones up in heaven and us down here on earth. I spoke with the girl and her dad. I didn’t go into detail about him not making it, but I told them our son’s name is Maddox and that he was born on December 13th. They were very nice and thought it was neat, because their last name is Maddox. I miss our little man, and I like these special reminders of him.


5 comments:

  1. WOW! I can't believe that! What a sweet reminder of your baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, thank you so much for sharing this. You are such an encouragement and I do think it's a little sign from God that your precious baby boy is so happy in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no doubt, Amanda, God was telling you just that. Isn't He so good to reassure us when we need it. It reminds me of the time when John the Baptist was in prison and about to be put to death by Herod. Can you imagine the doubts and fear and anguish that John was going through at that time? John sent his followers to ask Jesus if he was the Christ, the one written of in scripture. Jesus sent word to John..... "Jesus replied, "Go back and report to John what you hear and see: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor" I think he was letting him know that his life was not in vain. He reassured him that all that he had been called to do, his life in the wilderness, was part of God's perfect plan. I love you, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! God is so great, <3 you Amanda!

    ReplyDelete