Monday, May 7, 2012

Maddox Journal - 2.8

Andrew and I went home to NC the weekend before last for Meridith and Will's wedding. It was an emotional time, because during the engagement and wedding planning we had all imagined Maddox as a part of their special day. I missed him so much that day, missed showing him off to friends we haven't seen for a while, missed what attention he would have needed and the care I would have given him in the moments we would have excused ourselves for him during the reception.

I did get to visit him twice. Meghan and I went on Sunday. She brought him some of the flowers from her matron of honor bouquet and took some incredible photos for me. The cemetery is beautiful this time of year. Andrew and I went together to see him on Monday morning before we met with James to pick out and design Maddox's headstone. It is going to be so very nice - should be ready in time for our June visit.

Being home, I caught baby fever...really bad. I want to be a mom again.

Shared from the Maddox journal I started while I was pregnant


Some photos from Meghan's and my visit with Maddox on April 29th:

Maddox's tree

Maddox and me

Maddox, his tree and me

Looking down on my baby boy

Meghan's bouquet
Maddox and Aunt Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment