Friday, December 16, 2011

Maddox Journal - 2.1

Our perfect, precious "sonshine" was delivered stillborn on December 13th at 4:01 am. At our 39 week appointment on Monday there was no heartbeat. The autopsy showed that he was in perfect health - we may never know what caused our little boy's heart to stop beating, at least not on this side of heaven.

Maddox was beautiful. He had my face and Andrew's body, including his super long, flat feet, long fingers and elf ears. He was 5 pounds, 6 ounces and 19.5 inches long. We didn't get to see his eyes, but I think he would have looked like Andrew in that department, too. He had dark hair like me and I have never felt softer skin. He was a dream and I am and will always be broken hearted that I can't take care of him anymore.

The eight months we had with Maddox were an incredible blessing from God and we are so thankful for our time with him. The road ahead is long, but we are loved by a faithful God and we will make it through this time together.

Shared from the Maddox journal I started while I was pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment