Monday, February 20, 2012

Grief Journal - 2

I struggle to find motivation to do much these days. Set my alarm to get up at 6:15 this morning; didn't roll out of bed until 7:15 am. I am (mostly) productive at work, but tasks/the amount of work get overwhelming at times. I am doing my best though, and everyone seems pleased with my performance.

I am trying to do better while at home. I would like to journal more and start doing my GriefShare homework. I would really like to figure out some storage solutions for our new place - over a month here and there are still boxes left to unpack! Most of all, I want Andrew and I to get back on track with our Bible reading and prayer lives.

I make grand plans in my mind to accomplish all these things, but I really must begin one step at a time. Gretchen, my counselor, is adamant that I am not lazy. I suppose I'm too hard on myself. It's barely been more than two months since Maddox was born. Our grief is still so fresh, not to mention my hormonal changes, our move, new jobs, new church, new friends. It's a lot for anyone to handle.

This entry is a step in the right direction. Tomorrow is a new day. I will keep my head up and keep keeping on!

Shared from my grief journal

No comments:

Post a Comment