Monday, February 27, 2012

It's been a while.

I’ve thought many times about writing, but I haven’t been able to find the words to say or the motivation to write them. I’ve had a good couple of days though, a lot of motivation. On Friday, I hung some things on the walls, which was quite the task with the plaster walls. Saturday, I went on a cleaning/organization spree. I got my closet and shoes in order, finally straightened up the dining room, caught up on laundry and did some dusting and vacuuming. Sunday, I woke up with a headache. Andrew and I skipped church (although I did catch some Charles Stanley on TV) and went shopping after I felt better instead. We went to Target and got some new things for our place, curtains, curtain rods, a storage cabinet for the living room, an end table lamp. Andrew hung the curtains and I put together the cabinet. Tonight, I unpacked a box of office supplies and organized them in the cabinet. These things probably all sound so simple and mundane, but they’re big doings for me considering my general state of mind lately.

I am still seeing my counselor, Gretchen. I meet with her Mondays after work from 5:00 to 6:00. She’s very nice, a Christian and genuinely interested in hearing about Maddox. Andrew and I are also going to GriefShare on Thursday nights at the church we’ve decided to regularly attend. I’ve been spending a lot of time with my neighbors, Mindy and Nicholette. Mindy and I have gone shopping together a couple times and last Saturday night she, her fiancé Sal, Andrew and I got together and played Wii games for much of the night. Nicholette has a dog named Bear and she and I have taken our dogs to the park together a couple times. I’m happy to have neighbors that I like and I’m surprised actually, considering I generally feel like I have a hard time making new, quality friends.

The brothers were groomed today for the first time since our move to Delaware. They look pretty good and have been worn out all evening. Thermometer hardly tried to play at all, so unlike him.

I want to get back to updating regularly. This is a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment