Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Grief Journal - 4

Dear Lord, Father,

Thank you for this time to spend focusing on Your word and learning about Your truths. How great it is to be able to spend time with you at the start of my day, to get in the right mindset to face what is to happen today. I love you. Please help me to live in a way that reflects my love for you. Let me live boldly, gracefully, in a way that brings glory to Your name.

Thank you for Your word and for those you have gifted with the ability to help others teach its relevance in my life today. I am comforted by Psalm 139:16, which says, "In Your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." What an incredible truth, knowing that you are not surprised by what happens in my life, that you know what is yet to come for me and that it is all for my good. These things don't take away my grief, the pain I feel from losing Maddox, but they give my pain a purpose. Each day I am being molded into the person you made me to be, more in the image of Christ than the day before. I am in awe that you love me so.

Amen

Shared from my grief journal

No comments:

Post a Comment