Monday, January 9, 2012

Another Angel Baby

Things are happening so quickly. I'm tempted at times to say too quickly, but I am thankful for the passing time because it means I'm one day closer to seeing my little boy again.

Precious little Luke passed away Saturday afternoon around 1 pm. He lived eight days on earth with his loving mom, dad and big brother. I feel so blessed to have had an hour and a half to spend with Luke, Donna and Danny on Friday. I got to hold the sweet baby that got Maddox's milk and witness one of God's special miracles. To feel a physical connection with Maddox here on earth was incredible for me and I am thankful for that time. Donna and Danny are a kind, generous couple and I am so glad to have met them.

Baby Luke and me - Friday, January 6th

When Donna and Danny told their son Andrew Saturday afternoon that it was time to say goodbye to Luke because he was passing away Andrew told them he knew already. He said an angel was in the den...he said the angel was Maddox. I have never knowingly witnessed an angel, but I get a warm feeling and want to cry from happiness when I imagine Andrew seeing my angel Maddox welcoming baby Luke into heaven. What a blessing to see!

Donna, Danny and Andrew stopped by yesterday afternoon to bring back the Maddox's milk that Luke didn't need. I'm taking it to my midwife Marcia when I go for my follow-up appointment on Wednesday and she is giving it to a woman in Charlotte. I don't know much about her yet, but I hope to learn more when I see Marica. I am happy Maddox's milk can impact more than one person's life, but I have decided to stop pumping after tomorrow. It's a bittersweet ending, I will miss pumping like I miss being pregnant, but I think it's the right move considering the changes I have going on in my life right now.

I had lunch at Little Tokyo with Laura, Elizabeth and Jimeetre after shopping this morning. It was my last outing with them before my move, but I think Laura and Elizabeth are planning a visit to see us once we get settled in! Our place in Delaware is within walking distance of the train station and we're just two hours from New York City or D.C. and only twenty minutes from Philadelphia. It's a great location with lots to do!

Andrew caught us up on our Bible reading while I packed up some of Maddox's room tonight. I feel good to have worked on it a little more. It hurts and it seems unfair and and it just plain sucks, but packing up his things helps me cope some. I miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment