Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Trip to Texas

I had a great time with my mom in Texas this week. I am really glad I went.

I got only four hours of sleep last night. My flight from Memphis to Philly was delayed over an hour because of the snow that came through last night. I can't believe it was 75 degrees in Texas yesterday and I flew into snow today!

Andrew and I went to Kevin and Wendy's for a fondu dinner with them and two other couples (Kevin's sister and brother-in-law and some friends, Mike and Annie). I had had a mini breakdown when I got in from the airport - exhaustion + missing my mom + really missing Maddox - and it was good to distract myself by going over there for dinner. We had a good time and I probably would have been a hysterical mess until I cried myself to sleep otherwise, so it was a good thing all around.

On Thursday, I went to Rockwall to see my elementary school friend Virginia. I met her adorable 7-month-old Lawson, her diva 3-year-old Brooklyn and her husband Brooks. We hadn't seen each other since she moved in 5th grade - 13 years! We talked ALL day, "like a couple of school girls" like she said. It was so good to see her and I think she's going to make a trip to Delaware for a girls' weekend sometime soon!

Virginia and me, January 19th

Mom took off work Friday. It was her birthday - she turned 42! We went shopping all over the place. I ended up buying a chain from James Avery for the motherhood charm Donna got me and Mom bought me a remembrance charm with Maddox's birth stone to attach to the motherhood charm/necklace. I am in love with it. I felt bad that she bought me something on her birthday and I protested, but she wanted to do it. I love it - it makes what is already special to me even more special and I love the combination of his birthstone with the motherhood charm. It's simple and so beautiful to me. We went to dinner at a place called Kenny's. After dinner we played Just Dance 3 on the Xbox Kinect. It was SO fun! I ended up staying up until 12:30 am (central) and getting up at 4:30 this morning! It's been a long day.

I miss my mom so much, but I think we're going to start scheduling visits a couple of months in advance. I am glad I will always have something to look forward to.

Andrew and I are going back to Brandywine Valley for church tomorrow! I am excited about getting plugged in. For now it's time for Andrew and I to do our Bible reading for today and get into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment